In an effort to keep the public aware of upcoming construction activities, Two Trees Management will provide updates every two weeks.
Please note: the exact scope and nature of the activities are subject to change based upon field conditions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at Domino@twotrees-dumbo.com or call at 718-384-9742.
Weeks covering November 18, 2013 and November 25, 2013
- The relevant abatement was completed at the site in September.
- Demolition contractors have completed the installation of a high-quality construction noise barrier at the perimeter of the entire site.
- A third party construction monitor/ reporter approved by Department of City Planning is in place to oversee and certify the implementation of the specified environmental mitigation measures.
- The demolition permit for Building 28 at the corner of Kent Ave and Grand Street (Phase 1) was issued and demolition work commenced the week of September 30.
- Building 28 has been be demolished. Debris has been removed from the site in accordance with our City-approved pre-construction plans. Clean-up work for Building 28 is nearly complete.
- The demolition permit for Building 16 on Kent Ave between South 5th and South 3rd Street (Phase 2) is approved, and preparation for demolition began the week of November 4th. Scaffolding and netting have been installed from South 3rd Street to South 5th Street, and on South 5th Street west to the river.
- Demolition of Building 16 is expected to take several months, with an anticipated completion date in Spring 2014.
- A traffic plan showing all proposed alterations to land, street and sidewalk was been submitted and approved by Department of Transportation and Bikes Department.
- The sidewalk, bike lane and street have been redirected according to those approved plans.
For questions, neighbors are encouraged to communicate via email at Domino@twotrees-dumbo.com.